Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
- 1 tsp oil
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed, cut bite-size
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (103⁄4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Heart Smart pancake and baking mix (Bisquick)
- 3 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1. Heat
oven to 400ºF. Heat oil in an 11- to 12-in. nonstick ovenproof skillet.
Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 3 minutes
or until lightly browned.
2. Stir in carrots and mushrooms. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release some of their liquid and carrots are almost crisp-tender.
3. Stir in soup, 1 cup of the milk and the mustard until blended; bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, mix baking mix, 1 Tbsp of the dill and the remaining 1⁄3 cup milk in a small bowl until blended.
4. Stir remaining 2 Tbsp dill, the peas and scallions into skillet. Remove from heat and spoon 8 dollops (about 1 Tbsp each) biscuit dough on top.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden and cooked through.