4 dates, soaked until soft
1 1/2 cups dried unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 tablespoon agave or liquid sweetener of choice
1 tablespoon coconut oil, softened
1. Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse until well combined.
2. Pat firmly into 7-inch spring form pan. I use this one: Spring Form
3 cups flesh from young Thai coconut (I used 4 but it may take 5)
1/3 cup coconut water
1 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup agave or liquid sweetener of choice
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups diced strawberries
1/2 cup unsweetened, dried coconut (optional)
Chocolate Ganache (recipe here: Chocolate Ganache)
1. Place coconut flesh, coconut water, coconut oil, agave and vanilla in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
2. By hand, stir in the strawberries.
3. Pour filling over crust, top with optional coconut and ganache. Chill for 6-8 hours or overnight.
4. Pop in the freezer for 1/2 hour before slicing to firm a little further.